Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Blonde jokes aren't funny

A North American friend of mine keeps emailing me blonde jokes. I've had to tell her to stop. Replace the word "blonde" with any other kind of racial or physical stereotype, and these jokes would raise hackles. Most of these jokes are bad anyway, and the creation of such awfulness indicates "envy of blondes" that has risen to diseased levels. Read for yourself:

Did you hear about the two blondes who froze to death in a drive-in movie? They went to see "Closed for the Winter."

***************

Why did the blonde resolve to have only 3 children? She heard that 1 out of every 4 children born in the world was Chinese.

***************

A blonde hurries into the emergency room late one night with the tip of her index finger shot off.

"How did this happen?" the emergency room doctor asked her.

"Well, I was trying to commit suicide," the blonde replied.

"What?" sputtered the doctor. "You tried to commit suicide by shooting your finger off?"

"No, Silly!" the blonde said. "First I put the gun to my chest, and I thought: I just paid $6,000.00 for these breast implants, I'm not shooting myself in the chest."

"So then?" asked the doctor.

"Then I put the gun in my mouth, and I thought: I just paid $3000.00 to get my teeth straightened, I'm not shooting myself in the mouth."

"So then?"

"Then I put the gun to my ear, and I thought: This is going to make a loud noise. So I put my finger in the other ear before I pulled thetrigger."

*****************

Did you hear about the near-tragedy at the mall? There was a power outage, and twelve blondes were stuck on the escalators for over four hours.

****************

A blonde went to an eye doctor to have her eyes checked for glasses. The doctor directed her to read various letters with the left eye while covering the right eye. The blonde was so mixed up on which eye was which that the eye doctor, in disgust, took a paper lunch bag with a hole to see through, covered up the appropriate eye and asked her to read the letters. As he did so, he noticed the blonde had tears streaming down her face. "Look," said the doctor, "there's no need to get emotional about getting glasses.""I know," agreed the blonde, "but I kind of had my heart set on wire frames."

****************

A blonde was shopping at a Target Store and came across a silver thermos. She was quite fascinated by it, so she picked it up and brought it over to the clerk to ask what it was. The clerk said, "Why, that's a thermos.....it keeps some things hot and some things cold." "Wow," said the blonde, "that's amazing....I'm going to buy it!" So she bought the thermos and took it to work the next day. Her boss saw it on her desk."What's that," he asked? "Why, that's a thermos.....it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold," shereplied. Her boss inquired, "What do you have in it?" The blond replied, "Two popsicles, and some coffee."


No comments: